On my 35th birthday I made a list . . . let's see how I am doing so far 5 months later:
Here is 35 things I want to accomplish this year . . .
1) Run an entire 5K. I've started to train this week. I'm excited and it feels so good. Have fell off the wagon . . . NEED TO START RUNNING AGAIN!!!!
2) Lose another 45 pounds, making my weight loss 165 total. With falling off the wagon on running the weight has not come off either!
3) Live a life free of secrets and demons . . . I want to live in the light, once and for all!!!! DOING GOOD ON THIS, TOLD MY SISTERS A HUGE SECRET, IT WAS HARD BUT GOOD FOR MY SOUL!
4) Finally paint my bedroom and hallways (I have had the paint for 7 months now!) PAINTED MY HALLWAY, NEXT STEP THE BEDROOM!
5) Simplify, simplify, simplify. <strong>WORKING TOWARD THIS, FEELS GOOD.
6) Come up with a filing system and stick to it. DOES MAKING MORE PILES COUNT???
7) Go on a mission trip, no matter how small or large . . . follow God's calling. AFRICA MIGHT BE ON MY HORIZON . . . PLEASE PRAY
8) Fall in love :) WORKING ON THIS ONE:)!
9) Pay off my debt to my parents and my sister. AS OF TODAY I OWE MY MOM $850 (DOWN FROM $1300) AND MY SISTER $550 (DOWN FROM $700).
10) Live debt free. STRUGGLING WITH THIS, NEED TO STOP SPENDING!
11) Save two full months of living expenses and but it in my online savings account so I won't be tempted to touch it!!!! YEAH RIGHT!
12) Become comfortable with telling my mom, dad, and sisters I love them on a regular basis. Strange but true we do not do this and I wish we did. I can tell my kids and my close friends I love them but for some reason it makes me feel really, really vulnerable to tell my family I love them. GETTING THERE!
13) Transform my living space into a space of tranquility and peace . . . somewhere I can pray, meditate and meet with my Savior on a daily basis. HAVE A GOOD START ON THIS, JUST REARRANGED THE FURNITURE AND GOT RID OF A LOT OF STUFF.
14) Floss every day . . . one of my best friends is a dentist . . . I'm sure you wonder how I live with the guilt:)? I'm such a rebel!!!! NOT A CHANCE . . . SORRY SARAH:(.
15) Send out Christmas Cards. PLANNING ON IT!
16) Put carpet down in Autumn and Rayne's room so they don't have to live with cold concrete floors for another year!!!! WORKING ON THIS, EVERYTIME I SAVE UP ENOUGH MONEY I NEED TO PAY ANOTHER BILL!
17) Form a habit of prayer and devotion. I want to be in constant communication with God and look to his word each day. OH I WISH I COULD PUT "COMPLETED" ON THIS ONE:(!
18) Learn how to ice skate. I never learned when I was a kid . . . :( I was always the kid with boots on the lake! AUTUMN WENT ICE SKATING THIS WEEKEND, WE ARE DEFINTITELY DOING THIS!!!!!
19) Plant a vegetable garden. DID THIS BUT FAILED MISERABLELY AT IT, THERE'S ALWAYS NEXT YEAR RIGHT?
20) Learn to drink water as a health practice, not a beverage! (My good friend Dan has been trying to teach me that for years!) WORKING ON THAT, HAVE MY WATER BOTTLE RIGHT NEXT TO ME AS I TYPE!
21) Somehow organized my pictures. <strong>HMMM, THIS IS A CHALLENGE!
22) Complete my tattoo on my back. CAN'T WAIT, ANYONE HAVE AN EXTRA $200????
23) Grow my hair into a new style. DOING THIS AND LIKEING THE RESULTS!
24) Go on a solitude retreat. Meaning go away for a day or two by myself. OH I FORGOT I PUT THIS ON THERE, I REALLY NEED TO DO THIS.
25) Start a trip fund for Rayne's High School Graduation Trip. SHe wants to go to LONDON! OH HOW I WISH I STARTED THIS ALREADY! SHE NOW WANTS TO GO TO CALIFORNIA INSTEAD!
26) Throw a lot of crap out!!!!! DONE THIS, SO MUCH MORE TO THROW OUT! "OUT WITH THE OLD, OUT WITH THE OLD".
27) Get my body checked for skin cancer! I REALLY NEED TO SCHEDULE THIS, LET'S SAY I'LL SCHEDULE IT BY THANKSGIVING!
28) Pray with my children. IN 5 MONTHS I DID THIS LIKE 2 TIMES, SO FRUSTRATED WITH MYSELF!!!!
29) Go to the beach a lot this summer! NEGATIVE! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!?
30) Have a fantastic Halloween Costume this year! OH NO IT'S SO CLOSE!!!!!
31) Start my poetry journal again. TONIGHT, I'LL START IT TONIGHT!
32) Learn to like one new vegtable (yuck!). I DID EAT A FORK FULL OF BROCCOLI AND CAULIFLOWER LAST NIGHT!
33) Read more . . . I just never get around to it! STILL NOT GETTING AROUND TO IT!
34) Love Jesus with all my heart, soul, and mind. STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS
35) Live simply so that others may simply live ~ Ghandi AMEN